I love a good photo or two and when I came across all my childhood photos I was literally so happy. I thought I'd share a few favourites of mine.
| I tell you I was an animal when it came to outdoor rocking horses. |
| Who knew a blanket could make a girl so happy? |
| A budding artist. |
| Playing princesses with my older sister. I loved Snow White. |
| My best friend and I at a Christmas play. Yes, she's wearing curtains. Yes, our parents are obsessed with this photo. |
| What a bunch of posers. |
| The posers are back... |
| Daddy's little girl. |
| The cold never bothered us anyway. |
| I'm basically David Attenborough, just look at me. Ready for adventure. |
| And here we have one of the most dangerous creatures alive, oh and there's a komodo dragon. |
| This was the birthday where our parents deciding to buy relighting candles. Longest five minutes of my life... |
![]() |
| I'm still slowly learning to love the beach. |
![]() |
| I was quite happy to be left alone with my ice lolly. |
| This is one of my favourite photos. Me and one of my best friends at our Holy Communion. |
| Just keep swimming is always the motto in this house. |
Something that I remember from my childhood is all the amazing television shows that we're on! I remember that 'The Tweenies' was always my favourite so much that to this day I still own a stuffed version of the character Jake; he was always my favourite, actually he still probably is. Another show that I remember was '64 Zoo Lane', even as I type that I've got the theme tune going through my head. As a child it was always my dream to live next to a zoo so I could live like the girl in the show and slide down the giraffes back. Now I think about it, it was a bit unrealistic.
Another thing that I always remember was that days out used to be so much better in my 6 year old mind and it always would make me really sad when we had to go home. However, I always remember getting home, dressing up in my Snow White costume (the one in the photo above) and playing pretend with my sisters for hours on end. I think that's what made my childhood so amazing, I had some great sisters who were always willing to play doctors or teachers or whatever came into my mind.
I really loved it when I used to do school plays because we always used to take them so seriously. I mean we'd all get really excited when parts were chosen. When I got Mary I was so excited that when my mum came to pick me up that day I ran out of school to tell her and she had to catch me so I didn't fall over. Now I think back to it, it was quite funny. Also, I remember in Year 6 when we did our end of year play and we did 'Oliver.' I was so nervous because I had the opening lines to the play and was afraid I was going to mess it up so one of my best friends drew me a picture to wish me luck; I still have that drawing.
It's actually mental to think actually that if I hadn't moved from Wales that I wouldn't know my best friends or have the same memories. As I come to the end of my high school experience I've realised just how precious friendships are no matter the age gap, I'm so glad I took part in my high school's school musicals because without them I wouldn't be friends with so many people or be as emotional as I am. Would I like to eventually stop crying whenever someone mentions Les Misèrables? Of course, but for now I'm happy that I have them emotions to remind me of how great my childhood's been.
Remember don't forget to check out Charlotte's blog post and blog in general. Until next time!
♥



Those childhood photos are adorable. You were adorable. Too much cuteness haha
ReplyDeleteMarianna x